Gyro Burgers with Tahini Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 20 Min
- COOK TIME
- 12 Min
- READY IN
- 32 Min
Doesn't a vacation to the Greek Isles to have some authentic Mediterranean grub sound absolutely amazing? Well, if you're not able to get on over there, we've got the next best thing with this simple Greek recipe for Gyro Burgers with Tahini Sauce. Taking only about 30 minutes from start to finish, you'll be amazed at just how easy it is to get that distinct Mediterranean taste in almost no time at all!
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup tahini (see note)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 4 pita rounds
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 large tomato slices
- 4 thin red onion slices
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
What To Do:
- Whisk together tahini, eater, lemon juice, salt, and garlic powder; set aside. Combine beef and Greek seasoning. Shape into 4 patties.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat (350 to 400 degrees). Grill burgers 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until beef is no longer pink.
- Cut off 2-inches of bread from 1 side of each pita round, forming a pocket. Line each pita with 1 lettuce leaf, 2 tomato slices, and 1 red onion slice; add burger. Drizzle each with 2 tablespoons reserved tahini sauce, and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cheese.
Look for tahini (a thick paste made from sesame seeds that's used as flavoring in Middle Eastern cooking) in the imported foods section of your supermarket or in Mediterranean or Middle Eastern markets.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Set the table for a romantic evening with our recipe for Chicken Marsala for Two. This tender and flavor-packed dish is going to have everyone feeling the love. All you need to make it absolutely perfect are a few candles, a glass of wine, and some soft music.