Homestyle Salisbury Steak
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There are loads of ways to prepare Salisbury Steak but we think you'll love our Homestyle Salisbury Steak best. Chock-full of wholesome ingredients, it's a tried and true version that tastes awesome.
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups canned carrots, drained and chopped (1- 16-ounce can contains about 2 cups)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (10-3/4-ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup, divided
- All-purpose flour for coating
- Vegetable oil for browning
- 1 (4-ounce) can mushroom pieces
- 10 3/4 ounces milk (1 soup can)
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, mix ground beef, bread crumbs, eggs, carrots, onion, milk, salt, pepper and 1 can mushroom soup; form mixture into patties.
- Place flour in a shallow dish; dust patties with flour. In 2 large skillets, heat oil; brown patties on both sides. Drain off excess fat. Sprinkle mushroom pieces over patties.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine remaining can mushroom soup and milk; pour soup-milk mixture evenly over patties. Cook slowly in covered skillet for 25 minutes.
You can substitute fresh carrots for the canned. If you'd like to add a bit of garlic, sage, caraway or dill to perk up the flavor, go ahead. You can also substitute ground sausage or ground turkey for a change of pace from the ground beef. You can use a soup mix if you don't have canned cream of mushroom soup.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Set the table for a romantic evening with our recipe for Chicken Marsala for Two. This tender and flavor-packed dish is going to have everyone feeling the love. All you need to make it absolutely perfect are a few candles, a glass of wine, and some soft music.