Homestyle Sloppy Joes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This classic all-American favorite tastes so much better when made with your own fresh ingredients. Our Homestyle Sloppy Joes are sink-your-teeth into 'em good!
What You'll Need:
- 2 to 2-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 sandwich or hamburger buns, split
What To Do:
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef, onion, and green bell pepper 7 to 9 minutes; drain off excess liquid.
Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Reduce heat to low and simmer 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve sandwich-style spooned into buns.
- For extra zing, add 1 teaspoon of hot pepper sauce.
- Do you love old-fashioned, cafeteria-style recipes like this sloppy joe recipe? Then you've got to check out the rest of the recipes in The Best Old-Fashioned Recipe Collection!
- And if you're looking for another comfort food favorite, be sure to check out our recipe for Mom's Tuna Noodle Casserole.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Set the table for a romantic evening with our recipe for Chicken Marsala for Two. This tender and flavor-packed dish is going to have everyone feeling the love. All you need to make it absolutely perfect are a few candles, a glass of wine, and some soft music.