Homestyle Sloppy Joes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This classic all-American favorite tastes so much better when made with your own fresh ingredients. Our Homestyle Sloppy Joes are sink-your-teeth into 'em good!
What You'll Need:
- 2 to 2-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 sandwich or hamburger buns, split
What To Do:
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef, onion, and green bell pepper 7 to 9 minutes; drain off excess liquid.
Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Reduce heat to low and simmer 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve sandwich-style spooned into buns.
- For extra zing, add 1 teaspoon of hot pepper sauce.
- Do you love old-fashioned, cafeteria-style recipes like this sloppy joe recipe? Then you've got to check out the rest of the recipes in The Best Old-Fashioned Recipe Collection!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Craving a homemade dessert, but don't feel like baking? Then our recipe for No-Bake Lemonade Cheesecakes is right up your alley! In less than 10 minutes you can whip up this 5-ingredient dessert recipe that'll have you dreaming of breezy blue skies and fields of fresh berries.