Hot Dogs with Chili Sauce
- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
- READY IN
- 40 Min
Hot dog suppers are often big fund-raisers in the South. Once you try this version of Hot Dogs with Chili Sauce, you'll see why they're so popular! This hot dog chili recipe is one of our favorite summer recipes, especially when paired with your favorite kind of deli salad. Whether you take out this hot dog chili recipe for a potluck or just a family dinner at home, we know that everyone gathered 'round is going to love it.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 1/2
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
teaspoon black pepper
- 12 hot dogs
- 12 hot dog rolls, split
What To Do:
- In a large pot, combine ground beef and water over high heat, stirring until beef is crumbly. Add onion, ketchup, chili powder, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-high. Cook 35 to 40 minutes, or until liquid has cooked down, stirring occasionally.
- Cook hot dogs in a pot of boiling water for 6 to 8 minutes, or until heated through (see Notes). Place cooked hot dogs in rolls and top with chili sauce. Serve immediately.
These are often served sprinkled with shredded cheese and additional chopped onion. Cook the hot dogs any way you like.
Get more ideas for your Father's Day menu here!
This hot dog chili recipe would go great with a side of our Creamy Cucumber Salad.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES