Hot Dogs with Chili Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Hot dog suppers are often big fundraisers in the South. Once you try this version of Hot Dogs with Chili Sauce, you'll see why they're so popular! This hot dog chili recipe is one of our favorite summer recipes, especially when paired with your favorite kind of deli salad. Whether you take out this hot dog chili recipe for a potluck or just a family dinner at home, we know that everyone gathered 'round is going to love it.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 hot dogs
- 12 hot dog rolls, split
What To Do:
- In a large pot, combine ground beef and water over high heat, stirring until beef is crumbly. Add onion, ketchup, chili powder, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-high. Cook 35 to 40 minutes, or until liquid has cooked down, stirring occasionally.
- Cook hot dogs in a pot of boiling water for 6 to 8 minutes, or until heated through (see Notes). Place cooked hot dogs in rolls and top with chili sauce. Serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This stick-to-your-ribs Tex-Mex casserole gets its name from the biggest ranch in Texas (and the world!) -- King Ranch! Our recipe for King Ranch Casserole is big on taste and sure to satisfy your gang's big appetites. With chicken, cheese, tomatoes, and more, there's no way you could pass on this Texas favorite!