Jazzy Beef Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Red pepper adds kick and...you guessed it -- jazz to Jazzy Beef Soup. It really lives up to its name!
What You'll Need:
- 3 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 4 cups water
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
What To Do:
In a soup pot over medium-high heat, combine beef, water, tomatoes, onion, celery, garlic, bouillon, sugar, ground red pepper, salt, and black pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 1-1/2 hours.
- Stir in cabbage and bell pepper; cover and cook 30 to 45 minutes, or until beef is tender. Stir in lemon juice and serve.
We like to mix in some cooked rice to make this extra hearty.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Brunch will never be the same once you've tried our recipe for Eggs Benedict Casserole. This make-ahead take on a classic breakfast recipe will impress everyone. From the moment it's set on the table, to the moment they clear their plates they'll be showering you with compliments!