Meatball Hoagie Buffet
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's easy to take the ho-hum out of the game-time menu. How? Serve up a batch of meatballs, fresh hoagie rolls, and this choice of Italian- and German-style sauces...and let 'em choose their favorite flavors.
What You'll Need:
- 4 pounds ground beef
- 2 (2.8-ounce) cans French-fried onions, coarsely crushed
- 1 cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (18-ounce) jar beef gravy
- 1 tablespoon prepared white horseradish, drained
- 1 (26-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 hoagie rolls, split
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, French-fried onions, bread crumbs, eggs, salt, and pepper; mix well. Shape into 24 meatballs and place on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the gravy and horseradish over low heat. In another medium saucepan, combine the spaghetti sauce and Parmesan cheese over low heat. Simmer each 5 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Place 3 meatballs on each hoagie roll and serve with bowls of each sauce for topping the sandwiches.
What I like about these hoagies is that everyone gets to choose the sauce they like best. When I top mine with the gravy, I like to add some additional French-fried onions for extra flavor and crunch. When using the spaghetti sauce for topping, I sprinkle on some additional Parmesan cheese.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.