Not Rolled "Rolled" Cabbage
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 5 Min
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/4
pounds ground beef
cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
teaspoon black pepper
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded (12 to 14 cups)
- 1 (14-ounce) can jellied or whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 5 gingersnap cookies, crumbled (about 1/4 cup crumbs)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (26-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
What To Do:
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, salt, and pepper. Form mixture into 1-inch meatballs (about 1 tablespoon each).
- Place half the shredded cabbage in a soup pot then add meatballs. Spread cranberry sauce over meatballs, sprinkle with gingersnap crumbs and lemon juice then add remaining cabbage. Pour spaghetti sauce over mixture. Do not stir!
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Stir gently, being careful not to break up meatballs. Simmer an additional 40 minutes, stirring halfway through.
Our Lemon Rice is a great way to sop up the delicous extra sauce. You won't want to give up a bit of it!
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES