Old-Fashioned Meat Loaf
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 15 Min
Nowadays, there are many different ways to make meat loaf, but when you're craving classic tastes, nothing beats an Old-Fashioned Meat Loaf. We top our Old-Fashioned Meat Loaf with ketchup and brown sugar, to make a sweetened caramelized glaze that's simple and delicious.
What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup Italian-flavored breadcrumbs
- 1 cup ketchup, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, onion, green pepper, egg, bread crumbs, 3/4 cup ketchup, and the black pepper. Using your hands, mix ground beef mixture well and place in loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour. Spoon on remaining ketchup, sprinkle with brown sugar, and bake 10 to 15 additional minutes, or until no pink remains. Drain, if necessary, then slice and serve.
Remember to let your meatloaf sit for at least 10 minutes before slicing it for eatin'! This will help the slices hold together, so you can serve it nicely and easily!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.