Old-Fashioned Meat Loaf
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Meat loaf has become so trendy that we find it on menus everywhere from diners to fancy restaurants. They're all a little different, but there's nothing like an Old-Fashioned Meat Loaf topped with a sweetened caramelized glaze of ketchup and brown sugar. Mmm!
What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 1 cup ketchup, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine ground beef, onion, green pepper, egg, bread crumbs, 3/4 cup ketchup and the black pepper. Using your hands, mix ground beef mixture well and place in loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour. Brush with remaining ketchup, sprinkle with brown sugar, and bake 15 to 20 additional minutes, or until no pink remains. Drain, if necessary, then slice and serve.
- Remember to let your meatloaf sit for at least 10 minutes before slicing it for eatin'! This will help the slices hold together, so you can serve it nicely and easily!
- Wanna find out how Chris MacDonald got into Elvis, his music and what foods the King loved? Watch Howard’s interview with Chris here! And if you want to get "All Shook Up!" be sure to watch how he serenades Patty and Kelly in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen, too!
- If you're looking to get a little Jailhouse Rock in your life, then check out "The Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist," Chris MacDonald. Catch him performing at a theater near you!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.