One Pot Short Ribs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Nothing's more welcome or down-home anytime of year than an old-fashioned thick-with-barley-and-potatoes short ribs dinner. One Pot Short Ribs offers stick to your ribs comfort with easy clean-up.
What You'll Need:
- 3 pounds beef short ribs
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/2 cup barley
What To Do:
- In a large pot, combine the short ribs, onion, water, paprika, salt, pepper and teriyaki sauce; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for about 1-1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Add the potatoes and barley; cook for an additional hour, stirring occasionally and adding more water, if necessary.
This is one of those better-when-reheated-the-next-day recipes. Yup! And reheating in the microwave is fine.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Native Americans cooked their corn right in the husks over an open fire, and we think their idea is still best, 'cause it helps bring out flavors you can only get from roasting. We love making our Husky Roasted Corn right on the grill in the summer, and in our ovens when it's cooler out!