One Pot Short Ribs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Nothing's more welcome or down-home anytime of year than an old-fashioned thick-with-barley-and-potatoes short ribs dinner. One Pot Short Ribs offers stick to your ribs comfort with easy clean-up.
What You'll Need:
- 3 pounds beef short ribs
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/2 cup barley
What To Do:
- In a large pot, combine the short ribs, onion, water, paprika, salt, pepper and teriyaki sauce; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for about 1-1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Add the potatoes and barley; cook for an additional hour, stirring occasionally and adding more water, if necessary.
This is one of those better-when-reheated-the-next-day recipes. Yup! And reheating in the microwave is fine.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've had chicken coated in breadcrumbs and covered in crunchy potato chips, but have you ever tried using your favorite frozen potato tots? Now you can! Our recipe for Cheesy Potato Tot Chicken is a total game-changer. Just a few simple ingredients and you're off to making your family's new-favorite chicken dinner.