Pepper-Crusted Prime Rib
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This easy yet elegant version of prime rib will rival anything you can find at the fanciest restaurant. Our Test Kitchen made sure that this one is low on work and high on good taste. Perfect for holiday entertaining or enjoying all year long.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (4- to 6-pound) boneless beef rib eye or Delmonico roast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 cup dry red wine or water
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large roasting pan, place beef fat side up.
In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients except wine; mix well. Rub spice blend evenly over surface of meat.
Place a meat thermometer so that tip is centered in roast. Roast beef about 25 minutes per pound, or until thermometer reaches 140 degrees for medium-rare, or to desired doneness.
- Remove pan from oven and transfer beef to a cutting board; let stand 15 to 20 minutes to rest. Meanwhile, add red wine to pan. Stir to loosen any particles and return to oven 5 minutes. Once beef is done resting, carve against the grain and serve with pan drippings.
Our Test Kitchen likes to add a couple of tablespoons of peppercorns to the pan before returning sauce to the oven for the last 5 minutes.
- For a classic go-along for prime rib, give our Yorkshire Pudding a try; you won't be sorry!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Turn an ordinary side dish into an extraordinary one with our recipe for Garlic Skillet Rice. There's a secret ingredient in this easy rice recipe that gives it a creamy and unforgettable taste. Your family will ask for this rice dish over and over again!