Quick Beef with Broccoli
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In a short amount of time, you'll have a whole meal on the table. Grab the family and you can all enjoy this home-cooked quick beef with broccoli dinner together.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 pound flank steak or boneless top round, trimmed
- 10 sun-dried tomato slices or halves (packed without oil)
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Warm cooked rice
What To Do:
- Slice steak diagonally across grain into very thin slices.
- Combine tomato slices and boiling water; let stand 5 minutes. Drain and slice tomatoes into thin strips, reserving liquid.
- Combine cornstarch, soy sauce, sugar, and reserved tomato liquid, stirring until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes. Remove from skillet, and set aside. Add broccoli; cover and cook 3 minutes. Add tomato strips, scallions, and garlic. Cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes. Add cornstarch mixture and steak; cook, stirring constantly 1 minute. Serve over rice.
A thawed 10-ounce package of frozen broccoli florets can also be used in place of fresh broccoli. Add it with the tomatoes, scallions, and garlic; cook, uncovered, 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- We've got even more fantastic broccoli recipes where this came from! Check out our collection of Incredibly Easy Broccoli Recipes: 26 Broccoli Casserole Recipes, Side Dishes, and More!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a pasta dish that doesn't need a beacon to attract attention. Our Lighthouse Tortellini Salad is fresh, easy, and perfect for warm weather picnics by the sea (or lake!). We just love how all the ingredients come together to make it taste so creamy and flavorful.