Roast with Red Wine Gravy
Make an everyday roast extra special with what will surely become your favorite mealtime accomplice...the slow cooker! Wine and dine your gang with this succulent Roast with Red Wine Gravy and you'll see why the slow cooker is your new best friend.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (2-1/2-pound) boneless beef chuck shoulder roast, trimmed
teaspoon black pepper
- 1 3/4
cups dry red wine or low-sodium beef broth
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (1.2-ounce) package brown sauce mix
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
What To Do:
- Sprinkle roast with pepper; place in a 5-quart slow cooker. Add wine, cream of mushroom soup, and brown sauce mix.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting for 1 hour. Reduce heat to LOW setting, and cook 7 hours, or until tender.
- Transfer roast to a serving platter, reserving juices in slow cooker; keep warm. Whisk together cornstarch and water in a small bowl; slowly whisk into juices from slow cooker. Increase heat to HIGH setting, and cook, uncovered, 1 minute, or until slightly thickened, whisking frequently. Serve roast with gravy.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
11 12 11