Sauerbraten with Ginger Gravy
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our take on this traditional German pot roast uses tender cubed steak that's covered in a flavorful ginger gravy. It's a tasty comfort food you'll wanna eat over and over again.
What You'll Need:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 (1 to 1 pounds total) beef cubed steaks
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) jar brown gravy
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed gingersnap cookies
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the cubed steaks, onion, salt, and pepper and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the steaks are browned on both sides.
- Stir in the gravy, vinegar, water, cookie crumbs, and brown sugar and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the steak is tender.
- Stir in the sour cream and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until well blended and heated through. Serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Shake up your dinner routine with this delicious stuffed chile recipe, better known as Chicken Chile Relleno. These chilies are covered in a crispy, cheesy nacho coating, and stuffed with ooey-gooey cheese and chicken. They're going to love this Tex-Mex dish so much, they might just break out the maracas!