Smothered Onion Burgers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Turn your simple hamburger recipe into a real crowd-pleaser with this recipe for Smothered Onion Burgers. Just a quick little trick is all you need to turn those plain ol' burgers into something you'll want to serve up every weekend! Pair it with some fries or corn on the cob for the perfect Saturday meal.
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large onions, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 hamburger buns, split
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and sauté the onions over medium-high heat for 20 to 25 minutes, until caramelized and crisp; remove the onions to a medium-sized bowl.
- Meanwhile, in another medium-sized bowl, combine the ground beef, salt, and pepper; mix well and form into six 1/4-inch-thick patties. (Remember, these are thin like many fast-food burgers.)
- Cook the hamburgers in the skillet over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until no pink remains and the juices run clear, turning halfway through the cooking. Return the onions to the skillet for 1 to 2 minutes to reheat.
- Place the hamburgers on the buns and smother with the onions; serve immediately.
To make square hamburgers, line a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with waxed paper. Press the ground beef into the bottom of the pan and cut into 6 thin patties.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.