Speedy Beef Stroganoff
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
- READY IN
- 35 Min
Our version of beef stroganoff has a yummy sauce that's made in half the time of the traditional long-cooked sauce.
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2
pounds boneless beef top sirloin steak, well trimmed and thinly sliced across the grain
- 1 small onion, chopped
pound fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 (10 ¾-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup dry white wine
teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound medium egg noodles
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
What To Do:
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the steak and onion and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until the steak is browned and the onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Add the mushrooms and cook 3 minutes, or until tender.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in soup, wine, salt, and pepper; simmer 25 minutes, or until steak is tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare noodles according to package directions; drain then cover and set aside to keep warm.
- Add sour cream and parsley to steak mixture and cook 1 minute, or until heated through; do not boil. Serve over warm noodles.
Restaurants have an easy trick for slicing the steak: they place it in the freezer for a couple hours first so it freezes slightly.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
04 21 14