Speedy Beef Stroganoff
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Have you ever been asked, "what's for dinner?" and you're only thought was, "something fast!" Try our Speedy Beef Stroganoff. You'll get all the flavor of a long-simmered sauce fast and all the hungry mouths will thank you!
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless beef top sirloin steak, well trimmed and thinly sliced across the grain
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 (10 -ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound medium egg noodles
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
What To Do:
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the steak and onion and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until the steak is browned and the onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Add the mushrooms and cook 3 minutes, or until tender.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in soup, wine, salt, and pepper; simmer 25 minutes, or until steak is tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare noodles according to package directions; drain then cover and set aside to keep warm.
- Add sour cream and parsley to steak mixture and cook 1 minute, or until heated through; do not boil. Serve over warm noodles.
Restaurants have an easy trick for slicing the steak: they place it in the freezer for a couple hours first so it freezes slightly.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Are you looking for the perfect side dish to pair with your favorite pot roast or German sausages? Try our Old-Fashioned German Stuffing! This hot and hearty stuffing is loaded with fresh sauerkraut, crumbled bacon, and rye bread, so you know it's got an authentic taste!