Speedy Shepherd's Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 14 Min
- READY IN
- 19 Min
My version of this traditional English dish is served up pronto, thanks to handy convenience products, such as jarred gravy and frozen veggies.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 (22-ounce) package frozen mashed potatoes (about 3 cups)
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1 pound ground round
- 1 cup fresh or frozen chopped onion
- 1 cup frozen green peas and carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) jar beef gravy
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
What To Do:
- Combine potatoes and milk in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH, uncovered, 8 minutes, stirring once; set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook beef and onion in a 10-inch oven proof skillet over medium heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink. Add peas and carrots, pepper, and gravy. Cook over medium heat 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring often; remove mixture from heat.
- Preheat broiler. Spoon potatoes evenly over meat mixture, leaving 1-inch border around edge of skillet. Broil 5-1/2-inches from heat 3 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with cheese; let stand 5 minutes.
Mashed potatoes were tested in an 1100-watt microwave oven.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a cake you can share with EVERYONE (really!). Since this tropical-tasting cake is made in a baking sheet, you can bet there's enough to go around. And, 'cause both the frosting and the cake are made from scratch, they're sure to say, "Wow, that's a Crazy Good Pineapple Sheet Cake!"