- COOK TIME
- 14 Min
- READY IN
- 14 Min
Want to impress company with a show-stopping restaurant-style steak dinner? Our easy recipe for tender Steak Diane that cooks up with its own special mushroom sauce will win you raves.
What You'll Need:
2 boneless beef top loin strip steaks, about 3/4-inch thick (about 1-1/4 pounds total)
teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
pound sliced mushrooms
2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon red wine or brandy
cup heavy cream
1 scallion (green onion), thinly sliced
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
What To Do:
- Press black pepper and lemon peel into both sides of steaks.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and cook steaks 8 to 10 minutes for medium doneness, or to desired doneness, turning occasionally.
- Remove steaks to a platter; set aside and cover to keep warm. Add mushrooms to skillet, and saute 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients to skillet; mix well, and cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Return steaks to skillet, and cook 3 to 4 more minutes, or until heated through.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
09 11 13