We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
Now we're talking! Fajitas are a crowd-pleaser because we get to put exactly what we want in them. And Steak Fajitas are super because...well, because who can resist tender, marinated steak!
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (1-pound) beef skirt steak
- 3 medium-sized red, green, or yellow bell peppers (or 1 of each), cut into strips
- 3 medium-sized onions, cut into wedges
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
What To Do:
- In a large shallow dish, combine 3 tablespoons of the oil, the lime juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add the steak and turn to coat with the marinade. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat and saute the peppers and onions 12 to 14 minutes, or until tender and slightly browned.
- Meanwhile, place steak in another skillet over medium heat, discarding any unused marinade, and cook 10 to 12 minutes for medium, or to desired doneness, turning halfway through cooking.
- Remove from skillet and slice across the grain into thin strips.
- Divide steak, peppers, and onions evenly among tortillas and roll up, or prepare separate serving plates of each item and allow everyone to stuff and roll his or her own fajitas.
Add some guacamole, sour cream, salsa, or any of your other favorite toppings to your "fajita bar". Fajitas are even better when they're made with grilled meat, so instead of cooking the steak in a skillet, you can grill it to desired doneness.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.