- COOK TIME
- 12 Min
- READY IN
- 12 Min
We first tried this at a potluck picnic. Boy, was it fun trying all the different salads! Everybody went crazy for this one, so why not make it for your next backyard picnic?
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (1 ¼ ounce) package dry taco seasoning mix
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce, shopped (about 8 cups)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 large tomatoes, diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 (2.25 ounce each) cans sliced black olives, drained
- 1 (14 ½ ounce) bag ranch-flavored tortilla chips, crushed
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle sweet-and-spicy French salad dressing
What To Do:
In a medium-sized skillet, brown ground beef with the taco seasoning, cooking until meat is crumbled and no pink remains; drain and cool.
In an extra-large salad bowl, layer half of lettuce, half of cheese, beans, ground beef, tomatoes, and olives. Repeat layers, then top with crushed tortilla chips.
Before serving, add dressing and toss well to coat.
It's a complete meal in one bowl. Just bring out the paper plates, forks, and a jug of lemonade and you're set!
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES