Apple Flat Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
How 'bout serving bread for dessert? You can with this one. And with a scoop of frozen low-fat vanilla yogurt it's really super.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough
- 1/4 cup apple jelly, melted
- 4 medium-sized apples, cored, peeled, and sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 10" x 15" and place on a rimmed baking sheet that has been coated with nonstick baking spray. With your fingertips, gently spread the dough to cover the pan. Push the dough up to the edges of the pan, forming a rim. If the dough is too sticky, dust it and your hands lightly with flour. Spread the apple jelly over the dough then top with the sliced apples.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon until combined. Sprinkle over the apples. Bake for 17 to 20 minutes, or until the edges are golden. Remove from the oven and cool slightly in the pan on a wire rack. Slice and serve warm.
Makes 24 to 30 slices.
If you want to make this favorite all through the year, fresh sliced peaches, or whatever is in season, will work, too. So will prunes and other dried fruit.