We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 loaf
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr
Here's a goodie where we've been able to replace all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour to give us a way to enjoy getting some extra fiber. It's got a full, nutty taste and texture we think you'll like.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray
- In a medium-sized bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine applesauce, sugar, vegetable oil, egg whites, and milk; mix well. Gradually add flour mixture to applesauce mixture and thoroughly mix until well blended. Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
You can even make this batter in a regular 12-cup muffin tin for a high-fiber take-along snack. And they only need to bake for 25 to 35 minutes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
With our recipe for 1 Minute Cinnamon Bun you can enjoy a cinnamon bun for breakfast, dessert, or anytime you want! All you need is a microwave, some easy ingredients from your pantry, and your favorite mug. Before you know it, you'll be enjoying a cinnamon bun that's all your own.