We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In this moist and tasty bread, we were able to replace the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour to get in a little extra fiber. Our Applesauce Bread has a full, nutty taste and texture that we're sure you'll like.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray
- In a medium-sized bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine applesauce, sugar, vegetable oil, egg whites, and milk; mix well. Gradually add flour mixture to applesauce mixture and thoroughly mix until well blended. Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
You can even make this batter in a regular 12-cup muffin tin for a high-fiber take-along snack. And they only need to bake for 25 to 35 minutes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You know your guests already love spinach dip, so how about serving it up to them in a whole new way with this easy, no-cook appetizer recipe? Our Spinach Dip Rollups are so creamy, and the bacon bits really pump up their flavor. Just wait till ya see how fast they'll make 'em disappear!