Applesauce 'n' Spice Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Applesauce 'n' Spice Bread is like eating an apple just off the tree -- crunchy outside and moist inside. Great for keeping on hand in the freezer and as a homemade holiday gift, too.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, the nutmeg, and allspice.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, oil, applesauce, eggs, and milk. Stir dry ingredients into applesauce mixture; stir in 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans. Pour batter into a greased 9- x 5-inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/4 cup chopped pecans, the brown sugar, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon to make a topping; sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake 1 to 1-1/4 hours, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This dessert is sure to create a lot of "buzz" with your gang! Our German Bee Sting cake is based on the traditional German "Bienenstich," which is basically a honey-glazed cake with a layer of creamy vanilla custard. One bite and you'll understand what makes this cake so buzz-worthy.