Basil Pesto Focaccia
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 17 Min
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 27 Min
Whether you enjoy this Basil Pesto Focaccia as an appetizer, snack, or go-along, your tummies will be begging for more. The Italian flavors all blend together for a combination that have the whole gang asking for the bread basket.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 (10-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 cup fresh basil (see note)
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded provolone or Italian-blend cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Sprinkle cornmeal onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Unroll pizza crust over cornmeal. Bake 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Make pesto by processing basil and next 5 ingredients in a blender or food processor until blended, stopping to scrape down sides. Spread pesto evenly over crust.
- Arrange tomato slices over pesto. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into squares, and serve immediately.
No time to make pesto? No problem. Skip those ingredients, and use 1/3 cup prepared pesto instead. You'll find it with canned tomato products or pasta sauces in the supermarket.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Corn on the cob is one of those street foods that's really trendy right now, and one of the most popular ways to serve it is in a style known as Mexican Street Corn. In our version, we slather corn on the cob with butter before topping with a bit of chili powder, cilantro, Cotija cheese, and a squeeze of lime. It's tasty!