Basil Pesto Focaccia
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 17 Min
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 27 Min
Whether you enjoy this Basil Pesto Focaccia as an appetizer, snack, or go-along, your tummies will be begging for more. The Italian flavors all blend together for a combination that have the whole gang asking for the bread basket.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 (10-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 cup fresh basil (see note)
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded provolone or Italian-blend cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Sprinkle cornmeal onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Unroll pizza crust over cornmeal. Bake 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Make pesto by processing basil and next 5 ingredients in a blender or food processor until blended, stopping to scrape down sides. Spread pesto evenly over crust.
- Arrange tomato slices over pesto. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into squares, and serve immediately.
No time to make pesto? No problem. Skip those ingredients, and use 1/3 cup prepared pesto instead. You'll find it with canned tomato products or pasta sauces in the supermarket.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Bring a little taste of the South to your kitchen with our recipe for Catfish 'n' Slaw. We coated U.S. farm-raised catfish in a flavor-packed island seasoning before pan-frying it and finishing it off with a homemade tropical coleslaw. One bite of this dish and you'll be saying, "Let's make some more, ya'll!"