Blueberry Nut Bread
Blueberries and nuts are on all the lists of healthy foods, so mix up this blueberry nut bread and enjoy a yummy fix of healthy foods!
What You'll Need:
- 1 pint blueberries, rinsed but not dried
- 3 cups plus 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 9- x 5-inch loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine damp blueberries and 3 tablespoons flour; toss to coat evenly.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Carefully stir in coated blueberries then spoon mixture into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve, or cover until ready to serve.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
07 06 11