Cherry Nut Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Cherry Nut Bread is a cake-type bread that's perfect for adding novelty to your dinner table, or just for snacking.
What You'll Need:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 cups sugar (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 7 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup cherry juice (from the canned cherries)
- 1 (1-pound) can tart cherries, well drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, and baking powder. Cut in shortening. Stir in eggs, orange juice, orange peel, and cherry juice. Fold in cherries and nuts. Pour into 2 greased and floured 8- x 4-inch loaf pans.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes then remove from pan. Serve warm, or let cool on a wire rack.
Why not enjoy one loaf now and freeze the other? Cherry Nut Bread freezes well.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We pan fry our cauliflower in a seasoned mixture of breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese to give it a rich and nutty taste that makes this veggie irresistible. Serve your family our Parmesan Crusted Cauliflower, and you'll be surprised at how fast they'll eat eat it up!