Cherry Nut Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Cherry Nut Bread is a cake-type bread that's perfect for adding novelty to your dinner table, or just for snacking.
What You'll Need:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 cups sugar (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 7 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup cherry juice (from the canned cherries)
- 1 (1-pound) can tart cherries, well drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, and baking powder. Cut in shortening. Stir in eggs, orange juice, orange peel, and cherry juice. Fold in cherries and nuts. Pour into 2 greased and floured 8- x 4-inch loaf pans.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes then remove from pan. Serve warm, or let cool on a wire rack.
Why not enjoy one loaf now and freeze the other? Cherry Nut Bread freezes well.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Corn on the cob is one of those street foods that's really trendy right now, and one of the most popular ways to serve it is in a style known as Mexican Street Corn. In our version, we slather corn on the cob with butter before topping with a bit of chili powder, cilantro, Cotija cheese, and a squeeze of lime. It's tasty!