Chocolate Buttermilk Biscuits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 dozen
- 9 Min
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 24 Min
Boy, are these biscuits good-mouthwatering morsels with a hit of chocolate! Bake 'em up for a weekend eye-opener.
What You'll Need:
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Combine 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Combine flour and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar in a large bowl; cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Add buttermilk and chocolate chips, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead 3 or 4 times. Pat or roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness; cut with a 2-1/4-inch round cutter. Place biscuits on a baking sheet; sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden. Brush biscuits with 1/4 cup melted butter.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Okay, so you won't find any lettuce in this BLT Macaroni Salad, but we have put in extra-green and flavorful baby spinach. We think it gives this macaroni salad recipe a tasty new twist! Serve it to your gang and see how much they'll love it!