Chocolate Chip Cranberry Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for that "little something" to give your kids' teachers, your neighbors and your hair stylist? Chocolate Chip Cranberry Bread fits the bill, plus it tastes like a million bucks without breaking the bank.
What You'll Need:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 1/4 cup chocolate-flavored syrup
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two (4- x 8-inch) loaf pans with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, and baking powder. With an electric mixer, beat in shortening until well combined. Beat in eggs, cranberry juice, and chocolate syrup until thoroughly combined. Fold in cranberries, chocolate chips, and walnuts. Pour batter into prepared pans.
Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan, then cool completely on a wire rack. Slice and serve.
Change It Up
Wanna bake these in mini loaf pans? Go ahead. Just reduce the cooking time accordingly, based on your pan size. For gift-giving, wrap a whole loaf or mini loaves in cellophane and tie with a ribbon.
- And if you'd like to whip up some other quick breads, try our Bapple Bread (novel name but so tasty!) or our Easy Pumpkin Bread (smells and tastes fabulous!) and our Lemon Coconut Bread (tropically refreshing!) There are more delicious quick breads on our website so give 'em a try and have fun!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Is there a "secret ingredient" in your favorite meatloaf recipe? There is in ours! Our Secret Ingredient Meatloaf calls for one shortcut ingredient that doesn't just make life easier, but it makes the meatloaf so moist and flavorful, too! Aren't you glad we've let you in on our little secret?