Cranberry Chocolate Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Cranberry and chocolate seem like the perfect romantic pairing of red fruit and decadent chocolate, so enjoy our easy recipe for Cranberry Chocolate Bread!
What You'll Need:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 1/4 cup chocolate flavor syrup
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 8- x 4-inch loaf pans with cooking spray (see Note).
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, and baking powder. With an electric beater, beat in shortening until smooth. Stir in eggs, cranberry juice, and chocolate syrup until thoroughly combined. Fold in cranberries, chocolate chips, and walnuts. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan then cool completely on a wire rack.
If you prefer, bake this in round or heart-shaped baking dishes. Just remember, those may take an extra 5 to 10 minutes of baking time. Since this makes two loaves, you can enjoy one now and freeze one for a second chance to enjoy these great flavors.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've ever been to a Southern buffet or a church dinner, then you've probably already experienced the deliciousness of fluff. Fruity, fluffy, creamy, and just a bit crunchy, our Potluck Pistachio Fluff is one dish that doesn't stick around for long. That's 'cause folks will gobble it up so fast, you'll think it disappeared!