Cranberry Irish Soda Bread
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 55 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 5 Min
This berry easy homemade bread is a cinch to make! And whether or not you're Irish, the fruity flavor of cranberries bursting from this bread will make it a favorite standard in your house. Oh - right after it cools, make sure to wrap and hide it well so a leprechaun won't eat it all up!
What You'll Need:
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, melted, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
teaspoon baking soda
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9-inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except 1 tablespoon melted butter; mix just until moistened. Pour into the cake pan and bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Brush the top with the remaining 1 tablespoon melted butter then cut into wedges and serve warm.
I know it's a little untraditional to use sweetened dried cranberries, but when I tried it, I loved it! If you don't have them, though, go ahead and use raisins.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES