Cranberry Nut Scones
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
- READY IN
- 25 Min
These are English scones with a twist...one that deserves to be noticed. And when you serve these, I guarantee they'll be noticed!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
cup plus 1 teaspoon granulated sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
cup (½ stick) room temperature butter, cut into 4 even slices
cup sweetened dried cranberries
cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 can (5.33 ounces) evaporated skim milk
- 1 egg
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, 1/4 cup of the sugar, baking powder, and salt; mix well. Cut the butter into the flour mixture until crumbly, then stir in the cranberries and walnuts.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk and egg, whisk to mix. Add the egg mixture to the flour and stir just until blended.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough 5 to 6 times, then place on an ungreased baking sheet and press into a circle about 1-inch thick and 8-inches across. Cut into 8 wedges, but do not separate. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 teaspoon of sugar. Bake on the middle oven rack for 18 to 22 minutes, or until golden brown.
Makes 8 scones.
Sweetened dried cranberries are becoming widely available and make a super snack or mix-in.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES