Cranberry Nut Scones
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These are English scones with a twist...one that deserves to be noticed. And when you serve these, I guarantee they'll be noticed!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon granulated sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (½ stick) room temperature butter, cut into 4 even slices
- 1/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 can (5.33 ounces) evaporated skim milk
- 1 egg
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, 1/4 cup of the sugar, baking powder, and salt; mix well. Cut the butter into the flour mixture until crumbly, then stir in the cranberries and walnuts.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk and egg, whisk to mix. Add the egg mixture to the flour and stir just until blended.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough 5 to 6 times, then place on an ungreased baking sheet and press into a circle about 1-inch thick and 8-inches across. Cut into 8 wedges, but do not separate. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 teaspoon of sugar. Bake on the middle oven rack for 18 to 22 minutes, or until golden brown.
Makes 8 scones.
Sweetened dried cranberries are becoming widely available and make a super snack or mix-in.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.