We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Say goodbye to store-bought croutons and hello to lots of homemade crunch and flavor. The best part is you make these Crispy Croutons with stale bread, so it costs practically nothing to become a salad or soup hero!
What You'll Need:
- 4 cups stale 1/2-inch bread chunks (about 8 slices bread) (see Options)
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted (see Options)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (see Options)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Place bread chunks in a medium bowl. Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Lightly toss bread chunks with butter mixture and place on a large rimmed baking sheet; bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until crunchy throughout and golden.
- Let cool then store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- You can use any type of bread, from white to rye, with or without seeds, to make Crispy Croutons.
- If you'd prefer, you can use 4 tablespoons olive oil in place of the butter.
- To make this a cheesy croutons recipe, just add 1 tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese, along with the other seasonings, and reduce the salt to 1/4 teaspoon, or leave out the salt entirely.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Red Velvet Cake is one of our favorite desserts, especially during the holidays, so we thought, why not turn this dessert into a festive breakfast item, too? With our recipe for Red Velvet Pancakes, you can celebrate all things red and decadent any time of the year!