- 4 cups
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 15 Min
Say goodbye to store-bought croutons and hello to lots of homemade crunch and flavor. The best part is you make these with stale bread, so it costs practically nothing to become a salad or soup hero!
What You'll Need:
- 4 cups stale 1/2-inch bread chunks (about 8 slices bread) (see Options)
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted (see Options)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
teaspoon salt (see Options)
teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Place bread chunks in a medium bowl. Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Lightly toss bread chunks with butter mixture and place on a large rimmed baking sheet; bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until crunchy throughout and golden.
- Let cool then store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- Use any type of bread from white to rye, with or without seeds.
- If you'd prefer, you can use 4 tablespoons olive oil in place of the butter.
- If you want cheesy croutons, just add 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese along with the other seasonings and reduce the salt to 1/4 teaspoon, or leave out the salt entirely.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES