Date Nut Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you have a homemade rich and chewy date nut bread on hand in the fridge or freezer, you can be an instant hero. It's what Mama would make when she wanted to treat us.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups chopped pitted dates
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup very hot water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine dates, sugar, honey, and butter. Add he water, stir; let stand for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 325ï¿½F.
- Stir egg and vanilla into date mixture. In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Stir the flour mixture into the date mixture.
- Pour batter into a greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until wooden toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clear. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and allow t cool completely on a wire rack.
- Makes 1 loaf.
This bread is great with breakfast, lunch, brunch, or in you dinner roll basket. And it's even easier if you buy the dates already chopped!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You know your guests already love spinach dip, so how about serving it up to them in a whole new way with this easy, no-cook appetizer recipe? Our Spinach Dip Rollups are so creamy, and the bacon bits really pump up their flavor. Just wait till ya see how fast they'll make 'em disappear!