Day Off Chocolate Croissants
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Oh, the smell! Oh, the taste! These are what we look forward to on those rare, lazy mornings when we're not rushed and crazy. We bet these will be the perfect start to a relaxing, wonderful day for you, too. Go on, give them a try!
What You'll Need:
- 12 (1-ounce) croissants, sliced in half horizontally, then thawed if frozen
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
What To Do:
- While croissants are still frozen, slice each in half horizontally.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt 3/4 cup chocolate chips in microwave on high power for about 1 minute. Stir to completely melt chips. If necessary, melt a additional 10-second intervals until completely melted. Spread an equal amount of the melted chocolate on cut side of bottom half of each croissant. Replace top halves of croissants.
- Place remaining chocolate chips in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag and microwave on high power 30 seconds; knead chocolate in bag until chips have completely melted. Carefully snip a small hole in corner of plastic bag and squeeze chocolate through hole in bag, drizzling it over top of the croissants. Top croissants with slivered almonds.
- Allow croissants to stand about 30 minutes, until chocolate cools and hardens slightly. Serve immediately or cover until ready to use.
Fresh or frozen croissants will work here. But, depending on the size of the croissants, you may have to adjust the quantity of chocolate used. If you make these in advance, maybe you'll want to warm them slightly in the microwave just before serving.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Are you looking for the perfect side dish to pair with your favorite pot roast or German sausages? Try our Old-Fashioned German Stuffing! This hot and hearty stuffing is loaded with fresh sauerkraut, crumbled bacon, and rye bread, so you know it's got an authentic taste!