Easter Egg Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 loaf
- 1 Hr 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 40 Min
Talk about one that's sure to become an Easter tradition for years to come! Our eye-catching Easter Egg Bread is a pull-apart sweet bread that bakes up with colorful Easter eggs nested in it.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups plus 2 teaspoons water, divided
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 4 different food colors
- 4 eggs (see Note)
- 1 pound frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
What To Do:
- In each of 4 cups or small bowls, combine 1/2 cup water and 1 teaspoon vinegar. Add about 1/4 teaspoon of a different food color to each cup.
- Place 1 egg (in shell) in each cup and allow to sit until the desired color is attained, turning eggs occasionally with a spoon. Remove to paper towels to drain and dry completely.
- Divide dough into thirds. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece of dough into a 24-inch rope. Braid strips together then place on a baking sheet and form into a ring, pinching ends together to seal. Tuck colored eggs into the braid, spacing them evenly. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rise at room temperature 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden; allow to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and the remaining water, stirring until thoroughly blended. Brush warm bread with sugar glaze, being careful not to coat the colored eggs. Serve warm, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Feel free to decorate the eggs any way you like, but, remember, they need to be raw when you start, so they don't overcook.
- Looking for more great Easter recipes? Check out our free Easter e-cookbook!
- Hot Cross Buns are another sweet Easter bread tradition. And if you're craving dessert after your Easter dinner, we recommend checking out our recipes for Buttermilk Carrot Cake and Chocolate Egg Nests.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our recipe for Ultimate Fudgy Brownies is going to make you forget about any other recipe for brownies you've ever tasted...they're that good. You may just want to pour yourself another glass of milk, 'cause these homemade brownies are full of decadent, chocolatey flavor.