Fruit of the Vine and Rosemary Olive Oil Snack Bread with Pine Nuts
- 2 large loaves
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
This novel prize-winning snack bread with a long name is going to disappear in record time! The secret ingredient that makes it special is fresh grapes that add a special texture and taste that make this one a winner.
What You'll Need:
cup toasted whole pine nuts
cups plus 2 tablespoons water
cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
4 to 4-1/4 cups bread flour, divided (we used King Arthur)
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons salt
2 (1/4-ounce) packages active dry yeast (we used Fleischmann's)
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
cup grated Asiago cheese
cup quartered red seedless grapes
What To Do:
- Place pine nuts in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally until slightly browned and toasted.
- In a bread machine pan, place water and 1/2 cup olive oil. Add 4 cups bread flour, sugar, and salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture and place yeast in well.
- Program bread machine for DOUGH. During last 2 minutes of kneading cycle, add rosemary, Asiago cheese, pine nuts, and grapes. If necessary, add some of the remaining flour if dough appears to be sticky.
- When DOUGH cycle is complete, divide dough in half. On a floured board, roll each half into a 12- x 6-inch rectangle. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting from a long side; seal well. Pinch ends and pull slightly to taper. Place seam-side down on greased baking sheets.
- Cover; let rise until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Brush loaves with remaining olive oil.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden. Remove to cooling rack.
- Dough may also be made in electric mixer using a dough hook.
- Use loaves for bruschetta, appetizer spreads, or to accompany soups.
For more scrumptious Festival of Breads Contest-winning bread recipes, try Quick Raisin Granola Breakfast Rolls, Apple Cider Cranberry Bread, and Sweet Wheat Bread.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
08 19 11