Fruit of the Vine and Rosemary Olive Oil Snack Bread with Pine Nuts
- 2 large loaves
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
- READY IN
- 35 Min
This novel prize-winning snack bread with a long name is going to disappear in record time! The secret ingredient that makes it special is fresh grapes that add a special texture and taste that make this one a winner.
What You'll Need:
cup toasted whole pine nuts
- 1 1/4
cups plus 2 tablespoons water
cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 to 4-1/4 cups bread flour, divided (we used King Arthur)
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 (1/4-ounce) packages active dry yeast (we used Fleischmann's)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
cup grated Asiago cheese
cup quartered red seedless grapes
What To Do:
- Place pine nuts in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally until slightly browned and toasted.
- In a bread machine pan, place water and 1/2 cup olive oil. Add 4 cups bread flour, sugar, and salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture and place yeast in well.
- Program bread machine for DOUGH. During last 2 minutes of kneading cycle, add rosemary, Asiago cheese, pine nuts, and grapes. If necessary, add some of the remaining flour if dough appears to be sticky.
- When DOUGH cycle is complete, divide dough in half. On a floured board, roll each half into a 12- x 6-inch rectangle. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting from a long side; seal well. Pinch ends and pull slightly to taper. Place seam-side down on greased baking sheets.
- Cover; let rise until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Brush loaves with remaining olive oil.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden. Remove to cooling rack.
- Dough may also be made in electric mixer using a dough hook.
- Use loaves for bruschetta, appetizer spreads, or to accompany soups.
For more scrumptious Festival of Breads Contest-winning bread recipes, try Quick Raisin Granola Breakfast Rolls, Apple Cider Cranberry Bread, and Sweet Wheat Bread.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
08 19 11