Holiday Quick Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Holiday Quick Bread is one of those cake-textured breads that can be changed so easily to fit the bill for every season. One recipe, but all seasons.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar, oil, milk, egg, and vanilla; beat well. Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes then remove from pan and let cool on wire rack; serve.
To make Cranberry Bread: Add 1 teaspoon orange extract, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and 1-1/2 cups chopped cranberries to batter and bake as above.
To make Fresh Apple Bread: Use ingredients as above, except divide sugar, and mix together 3/4 cup sugar (of the 1 cup total), vegetable oil, milk, egg, and vanilla in a large bowl; beat well. Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Pour half the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Toss 2 cups cored, peeled, and chopped apples with the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and place apples over batter in loaf pan. Pour remaining batter over apples. Bake as above.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Recreate an entree that's restaurant-fancy in your own kitchen with our recipe for Bacon Wrapped Pork Fillets. Perfectly cooked pork loin fillets get wrapped up in pan-fried bacon strips and drizzled with a savory and flavor-packed glaze.