Homemade Empanada Dough
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you stay away from making your own dough 'cause you think it's too difficult, here's a recipe that'll make you think again.
What You'll Need:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 egg
What To Do:
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine 2-1/2 cups flour, the sugar, and salt; mix well. Add the milk, butter, and egg; mix well.
- Divide the dough into 16 pieces and roll into balls. On a lightly floured surface, use the palm of your hand to flatten each ball into a 4-inch circle.
- Fill with the desired filling and bake according to the filling directions.
Makes enough dough for 16 empanadas.
You can use this in place of the refrigerated pie crust in the Spicy Beef Empanadas. For a quick chicken filling, drain and flake two 10-ounce cans of chunk white chicken. Mix it with 1 cup of salsa and spoon the mixture evenly into the centers of each piece of dough. Fold each in half, seal the edges firmly, and crimp the edges with the tines of a fork. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.