Irish Soda Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 10 Min
When you were growing up, did you hear a rumor about leprechauns finding a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow? Maybe it wasn't gold after all, but Irish soda bread...well, it's as good as gold (as breads go, anyway)!
What You'll Need:
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted, plus 1 tablespoon for brushing top of bread
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the 1 tablespoon butter; mix just until moistened.
- Place in a greased 9-inch round baking pan and bake 1 hour, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- After removing from oven, brush top with remaining melted butter.
This is best served right from the oven, but you can rewarm it in a 200 degree F. oven 10 minutes before serving, and, yes, I suggest brushing the top with a bit more butter at that time.
- If you enjoyed this Irish recipe, be sure to try this dinner recipe for Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.