Jalapeno Corn Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you're looking to spice things up at dinner, or bring zesty flair to a holiday meal, serve up this delicious Jalapeno Corn Bread. It's a traditional corn bread recipe with a tasty kick!
What You'll Need:
- 2 1/2 cups self-rising cornmeal
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 jalapeno peppers, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients; mix well.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden and a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cut into squares and serve warm, or allow to cool before serving.