Old Time Cornbread Muffins
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our easy from-scratch recipe for classic cornbread muffins is one you'll make time and again. Old Time Cornbread Muffins can be out of your oven and on your table quickly, but they'll taste like they came from a bakery.
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake muffins 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm.
- Stir a bit of honey into some whipped butter to make a special old-fashioned country spread for serving with these cornbread muffins. Plus, we've got plenty of recipes for butters and spreads right here!
- Cornbread muffins are the best compliment to any Southern meal, like these most loved country comfort recipes.
- Can't get enough cornbread recipes? Be sure to check out our collection of 13 Simple Cornbread Recipes including this Honey Jalapeno Cornbread.
You know what else goes perfectly with cornbread? Chili! And we've got plenty of great recipes in out FREE eCookbook, World's Best Chili Recipes: 21 Easy Chili Recipes Everyone Will Love.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
In China, long noodles are eaten during the New Year to symbolize a wish for a long life. Whether or not you celebrate, we think everyone could agree on living a long, happy, and healthy life, which is why we've come up with our own way of making Lucky Chinese Noodles!