Old Time Corn Bread Muffins
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our easy from-scratch recipe for classic cornbread muffins is one you'll make time and again. Old Time Corn Bread Muffins can be out of your oven and on your table quickly, but they'll taste like they came from a bakery.
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake muffins 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm.
- Stir a bit of honey into some whipped butter to make a special old-fashioned country spread for serving with these muffins.
- If you can't get enough cornbread muffin recipes, be sure to check out our collection of 13 Simple Cornbread Recipes!
- If you're looking for more great holiday side dishes like this one, check out our FREE eCookbook, Thanksgiving Side Dishes: 35 Family-Favorite Recipes for Thanksgiving Sides.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Native Americans cooked their corn right in the husks over an open fire, and we think their idea is still best, 'cause it helps bring out flavors you can only get from roasting. We love making our Husky Roasted Corn right on the grill in the summer, and in our ovens when it's cooler out!