Piping Hot Corn Bread
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr
- READY IN
- 1 Hr
Homemade breads are a staple in most country kitchens and, whatever the meal, they're almost always served piping hot from the oven. Trust me - there's nothing like a hot slab of fresh bread slathered with creamy butter. Here's an fast and easy version of country corn bread that'll do you proud in any season. Oh, don't forget the butter!
What You'll Need:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) corn muffin mix
- 1 containers (3 ounces) real bacon bits
- 3 eggs
cup chicken broth
teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9" x 5" loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute for 3 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Place in a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Spoon into the loaf pan and bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes then remove from the pan and slice. Serve warm.
You can make this in mini loaf pans or muffin tins, too. Just reduce the baking time accordingly. Treat your family extra-special by serving this with honey butter that you made from scratch by combining 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter with 2 tablespoons honey until smooth and creamy.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
11 12 12