Quick Raisin Granola Breakfast Rolls
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This prize-winning recipe from the National Festival of Breads is the perfect recipe for a homemade rise and shine breakfast. Quick Raisin Granola Breakfast Rolls are made from scratch in a countertop bread machine and taste bakery-made.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup bran flakes with raisins cereal
- 1 cup granola
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached bread flour (we used King Arthur)
- 1 1/3 cups white whole wheat flour (we used King Arthur)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups water, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast (we used Fleischmann's)
- 1 cup granola
- 1 egg white, beaten
What To Do:
- Place cereal and granola in a large resealable plastic bag; finely crush with rolling pin.
- In the pan of a bread machine, place crushed cereal and remaining roll ingredients; turn on dough cycle (about 1-1/2 hours). Let sit 5 minutes then open bread machine and touch dough to check for consistency. The dough should form a ball around the kneading blade. If dough is too dry, add 1/2 to 1 tablespoon water. If dough is too wet, add 1 tablespoon flour at a time until the right consistency is reached. When dough consistency is correct, remove from pan and divide into 18 equal pieces; shape into rolls.
- Meanwhile, for topping, place granola in resealable plastic bag and finely crush with rolling pin. Place in shallow dish.
- Dip each roll into egg white then crushed granola, lightly pressing granola onto dough.
- Place rolls on baking sheets that have been coated with cooking spray. Cover; let rise in warm place until doubled in size (45 to 60 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake rolls 17 to 20 minutes, or until golden. Remove rolls from baking sheets and cool on wire rack.
Makes 18 rolls
To fill your home with the intoxicating aroma of freshly baked breads, here are 3 more finalist recipes from the 2011 Festival of Breads Contest: Sweet Wheat Bread, Apple Cider Cranberry Bread, and Fruit of the Vine and Rosemary Olive Oil Snack Bread with Pine Nuts.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Shake up your dinner routine with this delicious stuffed chile recipe, better known as Chicken Chile Relleno. These chilies are covered in a crispy, cheesy nacho coating, and stuffed with ooey-gooey cheese and chicken. They're going to love this Tex-Mex dish so much, they might just break out the maracas!