Refrigerator Spoon Rolls
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These are a real Southern favorite 'cause the dough can be made ahead and kept in the fridge for weeks. That makes it easy to bake up some fresh rolls anytime we get drop-ins!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- 1 (0.25-ounce) package yeast
- 4 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 egg
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F. In a small bowl, combine the water and yeast and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; mix well. Add the yeast mixture and whisk for several minutes until the dough is smooth.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 1 inch apart onto rimmed baking sheets that have been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until light golden.
Makes about 3 dozen.
If you do make this dough to have on hand in the fridge, keep it tightly covered. Then, when you're ready to enjoy fresh rolls, just drop and bake the dough as directed.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Whether you've got friends coming over to watch a game, or you're just looking for an easy lunch or snack, these Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas are a real winner. Buffalo chicken makes for a tasty addition inside these cheesy quesadillas, and the celery adds a nice a crunch!