Savory Sausage Swiss Muffins
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Sausage and cheese flavors in a muffin... what could be better than that? These muffins are more than great and as soon as you taste the mouthwatering flavor of these Savory Sausage Swiss Muffins, you'll have no choice but to agree!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 pound mild or spicy ground pork sausage
- 1 3/4 cups biscuit mix
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Brown sausage in a skillet over medium heat, stirring until it crumbles. Drain well.
- Combine sausage, biscuit mix, and next 3 ingredients in a bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine egg and milk; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon batter into greased muffin pans, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake 22 minutes or until golden. Serve warm. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
Swiss cheese and sausage make these savory muffins perfect breakfast fare. You can even make them ahead to keep in the fridge until you're ready for them. To reheat, microwave 1 muffin at HIGH setting 20 to 30 seconds or until hot. Just add coffee and fresh fruit, and you'll have a filling breakfast ready in a flash.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Homemade soup that's this hearty is simply irresistible! Between the rich tomato broth and the cheese-filled pasta it's hard not to fall in love with Mama Mia's Tortellini Soup. So, grab your favorite bowl and your soup spoon, 'cause this soup recipe is sure to please!