Shortcut Amish Friendship Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We put a shortcut twist on the time-honored recipe for Amish Friendship Bread. Instead of passing around a starter, our Shortcut Amish Friendship Bread recipe makes enough for two loaves, so you can just call your friends and invite them over to enjoy the finished product!
What You'll Need:
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4-serving-size) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat two 9- x 5-inch loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pudding mix; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Stir liquid mixture into flour mixture and combine well. Evenly divide mixture into 2 loaf pans.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out dry. Let cool 15 minutes, then invert and finish cooling on wire rack.
We've got even more easy Amish recipes for you to enjoy. Just check out our collections!:
We think the Shortcut Amish Friendship Bread is the perfect gift to give along with a hug on National Hugging Day. Click here to learn more about this internationally-recognized holiday!
Did You Know? Traditional Amish Friendship Bread was baked to share with family and friends as a thoughtful, handmade gift. Anything that has to sit for ten days to make, you know is filled with lots of thought and love! Some people refer to it as an "edible chain letter" because of how it is passed along and shared. It begins with a starter (dough) of flour, sugar, yeast, and water or milk. Then it is left to ferment. After almost two weeks, the starter is divided into four equal parts. The baker keeps one part for themselves, and then shares the other three parts with friends, and they repeat the process with what they are given. The cool thing is, with the starter you can make other baked goods besides friendship bread like muffins, cakes, or biscuits. It's the gift that keeps on giving!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Is there a "secret ingredient" in your favorite meatloaf recipe? There is in ours! Our Secret Ingredient Meatloaf calls for one shortcut ingredient that doesn't just make life easier, but it makes the meatloaf so moist and flavorful, too! Aren't you glad we've let you in on our little secret?