Sour Cream Chocolate Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Boy, if you want to have a really special treat this Sunday morning, toast a few slices of this to enjoy along with your hot coffee and Sunday paper. Maybe it's what heaven is like!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar with an electric beater on medium speed. Add the eggs and beat until fluffy. Continue beating and add the sour cream. Add the remaining ingredients; mix until well blended.
- Pour into a 9" x 5" loaf pan that has been coated with nonstick baking spray. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes, then remove from the pan to cool completely on a wire rack.
Makes 1 loaf.
This is great plain, but you might want to try it with a little bit of cream cheese spread on top.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you like your ribs extra-meaty, then you're going to love these flavorful, Saucy Country-Style Ribs. Country-style ribs are more like a pork chop than a rib, making them meatier and less fatty. Now the question is, will you eat these with a fork or your fingers?