- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
- READY IN
- 45 Min
This Americana classic first made its way across the South and then across the country. Once you try it, we're sure it will make its way around your circle of friends and family, too.
What You'll Need:
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon baking powder
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the milk and water; simmer over medium-low heat until hot, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornmeal, butter, sugar, and salt; stir for 1 to 2 minutes, until the mixture is thickened. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and baking powder until very light and fluffy. Stir in the cornmeal mixture; mix well then spoon into the baking dish.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the top is golden. Serve hot.
Courtesy of Christiana Campbell's Tavern, Colonial Williamsburg.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
07 02 14