We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Americana classic first made its way across the South before making its way across the country. Once you give this Spoon Bread a try, we're sure it will make its way around your circle of friends and family, too.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the milk and water; simmer over medium-low heat until hot, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornmeal, butter, sugar, and salt; stir for 1 to 2 minutes, until the mixture is thickened. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and baking powder until very light and fluffy. Stir in the cornmeal mixture; mix well then spoon into the baking dish.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the top is golden. Serve hot.
Courtesy of Christiana Campbell's Tavern, Colonial Williamsburg.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Craving a homemade dessert, but don't feel like baking? Then our recipe for No-Bake Lemonade Cheesecakes is right up your alley! In less than 10 minutes you can whip up this 5-ingredient dessert recipe that'll have leave you dreaming of breezy blue skies and fields of fresh berries.