State Fair Fried Dough
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What's better than hot fried dough like you used to get at the local fair? Well, how 'bout an easy version you can whip up at home?
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 (1-pound) loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, separate loaf of dough by pulling it apart into 1-inch pieces. Test oil for readiness by carefully placing 1 piece of dough into pan. You'll know oil is ready when dough bubbles around edges.
- Place remaining pieces of dough into oil and fry a few at a time until golden brown on bottom. Then turn dough over and brown on other side. Remove from skillet with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Repeat until all dough is fried. Place sugar in a shallow dish or a resealable plastic bag. Roll or shake fried dough in sugar to completely coat. Serve hot.
BE CAREFUL! The oil will be very hot!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Set the table for a romantic evening with our recipe for Chicken Marsala for Two. This tender and flavor-packed dish is going to have everyone feeling the love. All you need to make it absolutely perfect are a few candles, a glass of wine, and some soft music.