- 2 (9-inch) loaves
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 5 Min
In a jam for an easy and great-tasting homemade bread? Our Southern-style Strawberry Bread comes to the rescue...and with frozen strawberries baked right in, you can make it any time of year!
What You'll Need:
1 (20-ounce) package frozen strawberries, thawed and mashed
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
3 cups self-rising flour, divided
1 cup chopped pecans
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 9- x 5-inch loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on low speed, beat strawberries, sugar, oil, and eggs until well mixed. Add 2-1/2 cups flour and continue beating until well combined.
- In a small bowl, toss pecans with remaining 1/2 cup flour then stir into strawberry mixture (see Note). Pour into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool slightly then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Mixing the pecans with the flour helps to keep the pecans floating in the batter so they don't fall to the bottom of the bread when baking.
- This bread is wonderful topped with a smear of cream cheese. Strawberry cream cheese is especially good!
05 09 14